1. Avoid hanging art in direct or reflected sunlight or under fluorescent lighting. Heat and light accelerate fading and discoloration.
2. Occasionally dust your paintings with a soft sable art brush. Don’t use a cloth as it could chip the paint.
3. Never spray the glass directly with a cleaner that could run down and get inside the frame, damaging the mats or the art. Spray a soft cloth with the cleaner first, then wipe the glass.
4. When handling art, use both hands on top and bottom or both sides. Do not lift from the top of the frame or from the wire on the back of the art.
5. Try to maintain consistent temperatures and humidity in your home. Bathrooms and kitchens are an unhealthy environment for your valuable art.